Summary Response #10

Before I started college, my writing was average, it was neither good nor bad. I knew what I had to write, and I was able to complete all my writing assignments and receive an average grade. At the start of my FIQWS 10108 class, I thought it was just going to be an ordinary English class where we write essays and read articles. As the semester went by, we read various chapters from the book “They say, I say” and I honestly gained a lot of useful information such as quotation sandwiches, how to introduce what others say, and how to introduce what I say, and many more templates. I will utilize all the information I gained from this class, to improve my writing in the future. We also read chapters of a book named “On writing well” by William Zinsser, one thing I learned from this book was to have confidence in my writing and to write for myself. The Diagnostic essay was the first essay I wrote for this class, and as I look back, I notice that my writing has improved since my first essay. From this class, I gained insightful information as well as tips and tricks to improve my writing.